Description from the photographer: Built in 1854 by David Stoner, Sachs Covered Bridge spans Marsh Creek in Cumberland Township, Adams County, Pennsylvania. This county-owned bridge, rebuilt after a devastating storm, is 100′ long, and is located not far behind the right flank of the Confederate artillery line which participated in the pre-charge barrage of July 3, 1863. Portions of the Confederate Army used the bridge to cross Marsh Creek during the July 3rd and July 4th withdrawal from Gettysburg. During the War, the bridge was known as Sauck’s Bridge. Sach’s Bridge is now in a park and is open for foot traffic only. According to Evans and Evans, it was used for troop movements during the Civil War, and it is nearby both the Gettysburg battlefield monument and the Eisenhower home.
Jigsaw puzzle subject image credit: Special thanks to Soaptree for making the photograph used for this jigsaw puzzle available through the Creative Commons Attribution license. Visit Soaptree's Flickr photostream.
See all jigsaw puzzles based on Soaptree's photographs.